Monday, January 16, 2012

Rained on my plans!

   So... My plans to start vigorous workouts today were abruptly halted last night when I came down with a stomach bug! Ewww! I did manage to go for a walk, and a partial run... since my 3 yr old thought it was funny to take off running from his mommy. Never a dull moment when you're a mom. Anyway, obviously I did watch what I ate, when I could eat, today but the dizziness wouldn't allow me to move quickly, or slowly for that matter.
   Hopefully, tomorrow I will be at least 75% better because I have a house to get in order, a work schedule to get back to, and an intense workout plan to get on board with. So, here's what I'm going to try. I researched weight loss routines on YouTube and put together my own choreography. It consists of a mixture of Zumba, hip-hop dancing, and kick boxing. Trust me... VERY INTENSE! I chose this workout because 1) I chose it - 2) It's fun - 3) and I had to find a routine that didn't include a lot of floor exercises because I have a bad back.
   One more thing. People have been asking me why I chose the name "2nd Chances" for this group. It's because I feel like I'm taking a second chance at life. Someone called me 30 the other day and another thought I was the mom of an 18 year old. Very insulting... I'm 23! I feel like by losing weight and becoming more fit, I am giving myself another push at achieving my goals and my dreams. I am creating the ambition inside of me that I lost somewhere along the way. And I am setting a good example for my son.
    Anyway, that's it for tonight! I am tired and ready to wake up to a new day refreshed and energized! Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment